Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Admissions RN is a registered nurse and an Interdisciplinary Team member whose primary responsibility is to present VITAS services and philosophy to patients and families in a manner that results in the admission of appropriate patients.
- Participation in the information gathering, analysis, education and form completion aspects of the admissions process
- Evaluate patients for hospice appropriateness, e.g. medical records review as requested.
- Obtain agreement for admission of referred patients and families who meet admission criteria.
- Analyze data collected by the LPN to facilitate/obtain admission orders
- Build effective referral source relationships to support the high quality and responsiveness expectations associated with VITAS.
- Maintain clinical and professional competence.
- Take the initiative in developing effective relationships internally with the appropriate admissions and patient care resource persons.
- Utilize interpersonal skills to help appropriately educate and address any questions the patient and/or patient s family has concerning hospice and palliative care.
- Knowledge of the principles of the intake, admission, and transition to care process with the ability to further develop skills in these competency areas.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and families, physicians, referral sources and colleagues.
- Knowledge of clinical manifestations of diseases and ability to develop VITAS specific clinical knowledge.
- Ability to use the VITAS information system and mobile technology platforms.
- Reliable means of transportation.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Currently licensed as a R.N. in the state where duties are performed.
- Previous hospital, physician practice, LTC or ALF experience
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Previous sales or service experience preferre
- Shift - Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.; could include weekends (on-call) - Required
Special Instructions to Candidates
- Bachelor s degree preferred
Associated topics: asn, cardiothoracic, coronary, infusion, intensive care, nurse clinical, psychatric, recovery, registered nurse, tcu