Who we want
* Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes - finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
* Data managers. People who enjoy compiling, organizing and consolidating large volumes of data and reports.
* Business-oriented evaluators. People who effectively interpret information to demonstrate the effects of business initiatives, regulation and industry trends for sales, management and leadership teams.
* Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
* Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
What you will do
The Global Demand Planner, Commercial Operations performs purchasing and planning for medical device products in order to maintain service level goals. They also perform inventory and freight management and forecasting for foreign exchange exposure reporting. Essential duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
* Execute daily purchasing functions by interacting with international affiliated plants.
* Analyze demand and set safety stock targets based on demand fluctuations, new product introduction, cannibalization, obsolescence, and relevant promotions.
* Set up Item Master; develop and execute inventory build plan to support New Product Launches by working with Marketing, Logistics, Customer Service and Manufacturing Plant.
* Develop and track performance metrics, including service level, inventory, and quality metrics.
* Manage inventory under budget and to projections.
* Support Finance with monthly purchase forecasts to perform foreign exchange exposure reports.
* Participate in freight supplier selection and cost reduction initiatives.
* Partner with freight supplier and Inbound Team to investigate root causes and improve customs clearance, transit time and put-away performance.
* Manage customer returns by appropriately dispositioning products back to affiliate plant.
* Provide input to develop processes for Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI). Execute functions for pilot and transition to VMI based planning.
* Support development of Drop Shipment and Demand Planning processes.
* Participate in monthly S&OP process ensuring purchasing activities are synchronized with demand plans.
What you need
* Bachelor's Degree required
* 3+ years experience in Supply Chain, Planning & Procurement activities
* 2+ years Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) experience
* APICS certification preferred
* Demonstrated proficiency in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools (Oracle or equivalent) required
* Demonstrated Excel skills
* Demonstrated verbal and interpersonal communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, which emphasizes customer service, cross training, team participation, and high accountability
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.