As one of the nation's leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children - even those who may never enter our doors - through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Nemours is seeking a Clinical Nurse Specialist (FULL-TIME), to join our Nemours Children's Hospital team in Orlando, Florida.
Located in Orlando, Fla., Nemours Children's Hospital is the newest addition to the Nemours integrated healthcare system. Our 100-bed pediatric hospital also features the area's only 24-hour Emergency Department designed just for kids as well as outpatient pediatric clinics including several specialties previously unavailable in the region. A hospital designed by families for families, Nemours Children's Hospital blends the healing power of nature with the latest in healthcare innovation to deliver world-class care to the children of Central Florida and beyond. In keeping with our goal of bringing Nemours care into the communities we serve, we also provide specialty outpatient care in several clinics located throughout the region
The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) advanced practice nursing role is responsible to facilitate quality patient care in collaboration with Nursing Operations Leaders, nursing staff, and other disciplines through the integration of the following essential characteristics: Leadership, Clinical Expertise, Educator, Collaborator, Consultant, Researcher, and Mentor. The CNS intervenes on an individual patient/family level, a nurse-nurse level, and a systems level. The CNS coordinates and guides clinical activities/projects to improve outcomes and to promote integrated health care that is safe, equitable, timely, effective, and efficient.
Additional miscellaneous duties and responsibilities, as may be assigned from time to time by employee's supervisor.
* Recognizes and utilizes opportunities to function as a change agent by introducing nursing practice innovations, refining nursing techniques and procedures, and conceptualizing new formats of nursing practice
* Develops criteria for and evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice at an individual, unit, department, and systems level
* Develops, revises, supports, models, and interprets policies, protocols, and procedures using evidence-based information to achieve outcomes for indicators that are nursing sensitive
* Develops, implements, and maintains Joint Commission readiness for nursing and clinical areas as identified
* Leads clinical practice and quality improvement initiatives for a unit or program
* Investigation and indentification of harmful and near miss events affecting patients in collaboration with Risk Mangement and Quality and Safety
* Develop and implement training, education, and process changes to mitigate harmful and near miss events affecting patient care
* Analyzes quality and safety reports from a systems level providing trends and raising areas of concern to nursing leadership
* Identifies, researches, and implements appropriate new technologies in collaboration with nurses, physicians, and healthcare specialists. Promotes and enlists the involvement of direct-care nurses and others to organize and implement planned change
* Identifies and researches the need for and works with appropriate resources to develop education related to new technologies, procedures, equipment and patient specific needs
* Participates in planning and implementation of educational programs related to nursing care
* Participates in the planning and implementation of interdisciplinary education
* Collaborates with Hospital and Department Educators on content and operational design of orientation, clinical competency, and other clinical educational program development
* Collaborates with nursing leadership in the monitoring and evaluation of the quality, safety, and appropriateness of patient care within the organization
* Works with the interdisciplinary team to develop practice environments that support shared decision making
* Works as a liaison with the interdisciplinary team to aid with identification of barriers affecting patient outcomes. Facilitates the discussion addressing barriers identified
* Participates in hospital programs for Quality Assessment and Improvement, identifying opportunities to improve services, making recommendations and implementing actions as appropriate and consistent with goals of Nemours
* Seeks opportunities for research, publication, and presentations at local and national conferences
* Utilizes research to promote evidence-based practice
* Mentors nurses to acquire new skills, develop their careers and effectively incorporate evidence into practice
* Assists staff in developing critical thinking and clinical judgment
* Creates a nursing care environment that stimulates continuous self-learning, reflective practice, feeling of ownership and demonstration of responsibility and accountability
* Acts as a mentor for Nurse Practice Council Quality and Safety Committee
* Graduate of accredited school of nursing, MSN required
* Active Florida Registered Nurse Licensure Required
* National Board Certification as a Pediatric Clinical Nurse Specialist within 90 days of hire
* BLS and PALS upon hire
* Minimum 5 year related clinical experience in an Acute Care Area - Med/Surg, Rehab, Oncology
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique \"Bridge to a Healthy Future\" pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
Associated topics: advanced, anesthetist crna, board, certified nursing assistant, clinical, cnm, family nurse practioner, gyn, practitioner, specialis