Under the supervision of an RN, performs basic patient care and other related technical and clinical support activities.
• Performs basic patient care activities as delegated and supervised by an RN, including but not limited to: monitoring vital signs, EKG testing, phlebotomy, taking blood glucose measurements, and recording intake and output.
• Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living, including bathing, grooming, and eating
• Monitors patient status and response; Reports abnormal findings or changes in physical, mental, and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
• Assists with keeping patient rooms/areas stocked, clean and orderly.
• Assist with transporting patients, as needed.
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to identify, analyze and effectively solve problems.
• ORGANIZATION SKILLS: Organizes work to achieve maximum efficiency.
• PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: 'Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers'
• PATIENT SAFETY - ANCILLARY/SUPPORT: Contributes to a safe patient care environment.
• Other Education Source
• Other Education Source
• Phlebotomy Competency
• Electrocardiogram Competency
• BLS Certification
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: 6 month patient care experience required if no prior completion of patient care training.
••EKG and phlebotomy competencies are required within 6 months of hire date
• Bending and Stooping 60.00%
• Climbing 20.00%
• Keyboard Entry 60.00%
• Kneeling 60.00%
• Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater 60.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
• Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
• Reaching 60.00%
• Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 60.00%
• Running 40.00%
• Sitting 60.00%
• Squatting 60.00%
• Standing 60.00%
• Walking 60.00%
• Audible Speech 60.00%
• Hearing Acuity 60.00%
• Depth Perception 60.00%
• Distinguish Color 60.00%
• Seeing - Far 60.00%
• Seeing - Near 60.00%
• Bio hazardous Waste 60.00%
• Biological Hazards - Respiratory 60.00%
• Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 60.00%
• Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 60.00%
• Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 60.00%
• Cytotoxic Chemicals 20.00%
• Dust 40.00%
• Gas/Vapors/Fumes 60.00%
• Hazardous Chemicals 20.00%
• Hazardous Medication 20.00%
• Latex 20.00%
• Computer Monitor 60.00%
• Domestic Animals 20.00%
• Moving Mechanical Parts 60.00%
• Needles/Sharp Objects 60.00%
• Potential for Physical Assault 20.00%
• Radiation 20.00%
• Wet or Slippery Surfaces 60.00%
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...