* Provides primary or acute health care services for certain acute or chronic health conditions in specific populations in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
1. Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic studies. Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care.
2. Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions, including use of prescriptive authority and referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
3. Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health and wellness, treatment options, and community resources.
4. Provides care in the context of promoting age and culture-appropriate informed choices, shared decision-making and the right to self-determination.
Education: Master's Degree in Nursing and graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program with specialization in area of practice.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Florida State licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse (APN), Nurse Practitioner (NP) and/or other designation as required by law. Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider. This job requires credentialing.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: None. Credentialing required.
Organizational Profile: Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
Medical and Surgical Services Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center Memorial Cancer Institute Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute Memorial Neuroscience Institute The Family Birthplace Women s Services Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey s Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.