The Product Owner reports to the Product Manager in the Information Technology business unit and will be responsible for Marketing technology initiatives. In this role the individual is the member of a cross-functional and cross-market agile development team who serves as the customer proxy and is responsible for defining and prioritizing the team backlog so that the solution effectively addresses product priorities while maintaining conceptual and technical integrity. As such, the Product Owner articulates detailed user stories, participates in daily scrum rituals, assists with any necessary product-related clarifications, and is able to manage local market and global priorities. The Product Owner must have a deep understanding of the product within their assigned area of expertise (Marketing) - both, from a business perspective as well as the technical side - and be capable of interfacing between the business and IT.
Job Description Details
A Day in the Life
- Customer and market research Understand customer needs as well as market trends and new technologies. Regularly engage in conversations with customers and attend usability tests with customers and users to validate the product.
- Requirements gathering Lead requirements gathering effort on the epics - consulting with Product Management, clients, stakeholders, Legal, IT, and others. Work with subject matter experts across the organization to gather requirements, understand business rules and challenges or limitations and respond to business needs. Work with associate Product Owners to assess impacts of changes, manage requirement dependencies and ensure conceptual and technical integrity.
- Story documentation Document the requirements for key functions deconstructing the epic into actionable user stories. Ensure that stories focus on the value the user gains from the product.
- Develop feature acceptance criteria Define, at a high level, the test/feature acceptance criteria which will confirm that a user story works as required.
- Translate product road map into product backlog Liaise with the Product Manger to ensure that the strategic intent of any solution that is developed meets both the customer and business goals. Understand all changes to the direction of the product and the impact on product features/solutions.
- Manage product backlog Manage, adjust for risk, and prioritize product backlog. Ensure that work items are sequenced according to business priority and, thus, drive iteration goals and iteration content via prioritized stories.
- Backlog grooming Lead backlog grooming to deconstruct, refine and estimate stories, add acceptance criteria and enable long-range technical planning.
- Be available for the team in all Scrum ceremonies Attend scrum meetings including standups, retrospectives, and demos. Answer questions from developers and clarify requirements. Be available to any member of the team, at any time, to answer any question related to the team's current commitments.
- Help the team to manage itself Push the Product Manager and pull the team to maintain a continuous velocity stream, ensure quality, eliminate escaped defects, and motivate the team.
- Responsible for success of product As the owner of the product the Product Owner is responsible for a successful outcome of the product delivered by the team. This requires the Product Owner to collect and incorporate early feedback from customers and other relevant stakeholders. This also means that the Product Owner is expected to help out in case resources fall short, e.g. for testing.
- Ownership and vision Contribute to vision and program backlog. Own team backlog and implementation.
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- 7 or more years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree in a suitable area such as Digital Media, Engineering, Marketing, etc.
- Experience in working in an agile environment and understanding agile framework.
- Experience with software development and collaboration tools such as Team Foundation Server, Jira, VersionOne, Confluence, Trello, Slack, etc.
- Ability to effectively identify customer and stakeholder needs
- Ability to empathize with the respective target market (customer)
- Ability to handle changing priorities and to use good judgment when working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of must haves.
Nice to Haves
- Scrum Product Owner certification (SCPO)
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, Qurate Retail Group), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information, please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at ...@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.