We Are HiringRegistered Nurse - RN- Operating Room - Surgery 002 - Full-Time - SVM-St Vincent's Southside - Jacksonville, FL
Looking for a great nursing opportunity?
Join our family of dedicated, highly skilled nurses at St. Vincent's Medical Center Southside our 311-bed facility.
Why join Ascension?
Working together as a team, our nurses are incredibly supportive of each other and care for each other as family. With a perfect mix of steady patient flow with relaxing effectiveness, St. Vincent's Southside is a truly balanced environment.
With a mission established 100 years ago, your role on the team will contribute to a legacy that has supported our community for over a century.
- Caring Team: Working together as a team, our nurses are incredibly supportive of each other and care for each other as family.
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community. With a mission established 100 years ago, your role on the team will contribute to a legacy that has supported our community for over a century.
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
What you will do:
- Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What you will need:
- Required Credentials:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Florida Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date.
- One or more of the following:
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date. ACLS replaces the BLS.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Diploma from an accredted school/college of nursing required.
St. Vincent's Healthcare (SVHC) will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hired individuals regardless of schedule and hours, including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Associated topics: asn, domiciliary, intensive care unit, mhb, nurse, psychatric, registered nurse, staff nurse, surgery, surgical